Friday, December 18, 2009
Sunday, December 13, 2009
Sunday, November 22, 2009
Wednesday, October 14, 2009
Saturday, September 26, 2009
- Days until the Twin Cities Marathon: 8
- Months since I've swam: 2
- Years since I was a young collegiate traipsing about France: 6
- Pairs of neon green shoelaces I currently own: 1
- Average daily wakeup time: 5:17am
- Accounts I'm handling at work: 72
- Max height of models on current season of America's Next Top Model: 5'7''
- Times I've wanted a back rub during the last ten minutes: 10
- Exciting Napa trips right around the corner: 1 (Yes!)
Monday, September 21, 2009
Wednesday, September 9, 2009
Tuesday, September 8, 2009
Tuesday, July 28, 2009
Hello! This will be a short post. I'm currently on break in the middle of Day 4 of training. It's going well and all the trainees are great! We're doing our best to make training F-U-N.
It's not raining too much here, but last night the rain was of Old Testament proportions. The weekend in Agra and Delhi we just went on was super fun!! I'll post more pictures, but here's one of the view of Powai Lake from my hotel room.
Wednesday, July 22, 2009
- Smooth flights
- Luggage claim lasting as long as the flights
- Humidity bordering on a personality
- Bumpy traffic best appreciated with eyes closed
- Chicken Tikka Masala
Everyone is doing well, though we're completely time-inverted right now. (Not good when combined with troubleshooting computer setups!) Our part of training the new employees starts tomorrow, and we're hoping for a smooth go. Off to sleep!
p.s. There was a major solar eclipse here this morning, but no one in Mumbai could see it because of the clouds. I hear it was more visible in other cities.
Monday, July 20, 2009
The Heart of the Lakes Tri was yesterday in Annandale and it was a blast--and a great way for me to finish my tri season. Lots of P2 teammates raced and did well, particularly Micah, against a very deep field. I'm so proud of him!!
Friday, July 17, 2009
Monday, July 13, 2009
What a weekend! Little did I know that on Friday night when I was walking in to Cafe Lurcat for what I thought was a family dinner that it was a surprise party Micah had been planning for me for a month! And I wasn't expecting to see fifty people there for ME! Totally awesome. With champagne and french fries.
Saturday, June 27, 2009
- Unprecedented busy times at work threatening to swallow you into their air-conditioned vortex...and invading your dreams. (Who would otherwise dream about Microsoft Desktop products and features only available in the Office 2007 versions?)
- Keeping the training and quality race performances going (since you spent all dark winter dreaming about them and you aren't about to biff that)
- BBQ/Happy Hour City
- Incessant Minnesota guilt over wasting a moment of warm weather
- ...and then you have to worry about how the lawn looks? (Okay, I'm not actually the family mower, but still. No wait, I AM the family lawn edger and lilac bush trimmer.)
Monday, June 15, 2009
Saturday, June 6, 2009
Saturday, May 30, 2009
...why anyone cares that Spencer and Heidi got married for like the third time now?
Sunday, May 24, 2009
Saturday we had a duathlon in Sartell, the Apple Duathlon (5K run, 33K bike, 5K run).
Thursday, May 14, 2009
The weather is warm, clear, and sunny, and we're off for a 90' run at 9:30am, then a long bike ride up Cheyenne Mountain in the afternoon (with a starting elevation of 6500 ft!).
Monday, May 11, 2009
We're off to Colorado Springs on Wednesday for P2 Camp--better known as RUN then BIKE then RUN/BIKE then BIKE/RUN then eat a gigantic calzone. I'm really looking forward to it. All the usual comedians will be there, and there's nothing like funny when you're doing a 2-hour run up a mountain!
Sunday, May 3, 2009
First triathlon of the season! Who would have thought we'd walk away as 1st Place 20-29 Male (2nd overall) and 1st Place 20-29 Female (5th overall)? A couples first.
Sunday, April 26, 2009
Saturday, April 18, 2009
For those who work M-F on a standard schedule, Friday afternoons tend to fall in one of maybe three categories.
Sunday, April 12, 2009
Monday, March 23, 2009
The race has been run! I finished in 36:26 (7:20 pace), which is a major improvement over last year (38:28), and I'm happy with it. I think I was the 65th woman out of 415.
Sunday, March 22, 2009
Monday, February 23, 2009
Saturday, February 7, 2009
Whose birthday is in one week? G-Man's!!
Tuesday, January 27, 2009
Sunday, January 25, 2009
Monday, January 19, 2009
Tuesday, January 13, 2009
- Mirrorball - Elbox
- Time to Pretend - MGMT
- Coffee - Aesop Rock
- L.E.S. Artistes - Santogold
- Live For Tomorrow - Moby
- Mykonos - Fleet Foxes
- Everybody Here is a Cloud - Cloud Cult (an acquired taste)
- Annie Waits- Ben Folds
- Everything - Murs
- Bruises - Chairlift
- Banquet - Bloc Party
- Spiderwebs - No Doubt (Takes me back to 8th grade!)